- limit screen time. we allow one hour per day. there are board games, books and Legos to be played with. encourage that. sure, they may not “like it” but why would they when the alternative option is television or video games?
- let them go outside. unless you live in an unsafe area, let them go outside. remember what you did as a kid. i was outside all the time. summer, winter. didn’t matter. you know what kids do outside? they move.
- make sure your kids are active. gym class might count, but it might not. depends on the class. encourage them to workout with you. my husband and 6-year-old do P90X3 together every night. INSERT IMAGE sure, the little guy can’t do all the moves, but he’s trying. for 30 minutes. with his dad.
- don’t make them clean their plates. please. if they say they are full, then they can be done and remind them that there is no bedtime snack. they won’t die of hunger. i promise. and they will learn to eat their dinner at dinner time.
- stop with the treats, sweet and desserts. they don’t need them. sugar is going to kill our kids. i really believe that. look for it, limit it. we have dessert twice a week after a meal. if all vegetables on the plate aren’t eaten, they can’t have dessert.
- stop buying crap. chips and cookies are crap. most things kept in a pantry in boxes or bags are crap. don’t feed kids crap. i know it’s easy, but don’t do it. fruit is easy too. wash or peel and serve.
- make fresh fruit and vegetables available for their little hands. wash veggies and keep them in the fridge where they can reach them. keep fruit on a counter in the kitchen. when they ask for a snack, start there.
this is serious stuff. big stuff. important stuff.
each your kids how to eat good food NOW so that they don’t struggle when they are older.
think about what you are feeling right now, do you want your kids to feel that?
I haven’t had the flu.
We didn’t spend days feeling like crap.
We washed our hands.
- you will not get bulky and big unless you want to (ladies, most of us don’t have enough testosterone to make that happen)
- you will lose weight
- you will lose weight much quicker than a traditional cardio workout
- you will keep the weight off
here’s what you might want to know:
- you will create muscle that burns calories
- you will get a good cardio workout by lifting
- you can just add some weight training to your current workout (that’s what i do!)
- you can find weight lifting workouts online. for free. go on, google it.
- you can get an at-home DVD workout that guides you.
If you want to get started, let’s talk. There is no need to spend an hour on an elliptical machine.
Pick up some weights. And start dropping your extra weight.
therefore, if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort in love, any sharing in the Spirit, any sympathy, complete my joy by thinking the same way, having the same love, being united an agreeing with each other. don’t do anything for selfish purposes, but with humility think of others as better than yourselves. instead of each person watching out for their own good, watch out for what is better for others. Phillipians 2: 1-5.
this was the scripture read at church today.
i followed along in the bulletin.
i was struck by the last line…instead of each person watching out for their own good, watch out for what is better for others.
that line is my life right now. everyday.
i closed my eyes in the pew and let it sink in.
i am a mom, a wife and a Team Beachbody coach.
everyday i am watching out for what is better for my family and my friends.
that is what a parent, a spouse and a coach does.
i did not become a beachbody coach because i needed a discount on the products.
(i hadn’t even tried Shakeology. yet.)
i did not become a beachbody coach because i needed something else to do.
i did not become a beachbody coach because i needed the extra income.
i did not become a beachbody coach because i had researched the company and loved their mission.
i became a coach because i had been part of a challenge group on facebook.
a challenge group that helped those who participated reach their goal.
i helped someone reach their goal.
i helped motivate someone to a healthier way of life.
i became a coach because i liked, no, loved, seeing that person change their life.
i became a coach because i loved being part of someone else’s journey.
i became a coach because i have a gift for watching out for what is better for others.
i thank God for giving me the opportunity to do so. every day.
i have ideas.
i have knowledge.
i have plans.
i have programs.
i have love.
i have passion.
i have compassion.
i have what it takes to help others put their health as a priority.
“every one matters”. that’s team beachbody’s motto for the year.
it’s a perfect fit for what we do–remind folks that every one matters. including you.
if you need help and don’t know where to start. i am watching out for you. just ask.
- like carbs, don’t want to quit eating them and you feel fine on them? Great! Eat a few.
- gluten is A-OK for you and you don’t get bloated and uncomfortable when you eat them? Awesome. Eat some.
- caffeine makes you feel good and not jittery? DRINK IT.
- counting calories makes you happy and helps you stay on track? Count away.
- intermittent fasting makes you a rockstar? Do it.
- If eating carbs makes you feel like crap, then you might want to cut back.
- If caffeine makes you cray-zee, then you might want to try tea.
- If counting calories stresses you out, then you might want to work on eating smaller portions.
- if you get hangry (hungry+angry) when you do intermittent fasting then don’t.
- eat real food. enjoy it.
- eat when hungry.
- drink when thirsty.
- move your body every day.
- get good sleep.